Monday, November 4, 2013

Winter Training Week 2

This Monday appears to be beginning like last Monday: nice sunny warm weather (for fall). There is the difference of the time change, however. I like gaining that hour, but everything is always a little wonky for a bit.

The time change didn't keep anyone from the pool this morning. But it was smiles and friendly "good mornings" from the Cocoon cast, as usual.

Today's set:
250 warmup
6 x 25 pull drills
5 x 100 intervals, 30 sec rest in between.
6 x 25 kicks
250 cool down

Shared my lane with a pregnant woman who I see regularly. That must feel good to be in the water! She's faster than me. Of course. (Maybe the baby is kicking to help?)


THE WEEK:
Monday - Swim 1300 yards / Run 40 minutes
Tuesday - Spinning 1:00:00
Wednesday - Swim 1500 yards / Run 25 minutes
Thursday - Bike 1:10:00 + transition run for 10 minutes
Friday - Swim 1500 yards / Run 45 minutes
Saturday - Bike 1:15:00


I didn't have a great week training last week. Missed Thursday because of work and I think I missed one other workout. But I wasn't really worried about it. I expected some adjustment woes to happen. We'll see how this week goes - should be better and I'm excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment