Thursday, November 14, 2013

It Got Cold Out = Time to Whine

Wednesday's p.m. run was....cold. It has gotten cold, I know this. But this was the first run I've had to do in tights. And a head warmer. And gloves. Sigh.

Turns out I just went too late and the darkness got to me. I am historically a morning runner. But now I don't run in the morning at all because I swim in the mornings (when the pool is less crowded and less perfumed by, well, perfume). Monday, Wednesday and Friday are a.m. swims and p.m. runs. When coming up with my schedule, I thought this would be awesome for winter, because I'd rather run in the sunny winter afternoon than cold cold morning still in the 20s. This thought still holds true. I just have to remember the time change happened and it's dark at 5:30.

From the above, it looks like I match when I run. I don't typically. (But I am sure I run faster when I do. Hmmm...)

Anyway, it was a good 40 minute run, despite my grumpy face. It was dark, so no one could see it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment