Friday, December 13, 2013

Indoor -cough cough- Track -hack!-

It always sounds like a good idea to run on the indoor track. Avoid the cold! The laps go by so quickly! Bacon!* But it usually ends in me saying "I should have just ran outside".

I went Wednesday night, after telling myself how awesome it would be. It was sooooo hot and dry. Heat rises and the track is on the second floor around the gyms and climbing wall, overlooking the pool on one side. I noticed there was a stairwell door propped open, probably trying to get some cold air flowing in.

I don't know how many laps of insanity = 1 mile, so I just ran for time. My first lap was about 1:10. So then I'd figure out when I would be done with my next lap (2:20...3:30...etc) and check in when I crossed where I started. I was trying to be consistent and steady and give myself something to think about. But I think it made it worse. I sped up and that also threw off my simple addition distraction.

Here is a drawing of what the GPS data could have looked like. Those random loops that seem to go off the path are where I go around people. I was the fastest person on the track! (Never mind I was the only person running).


I made it 20 minutes before I thought my lungs were going to disintegrate into a pile of dust. Then I changed out of my sweaty shirt into a new shirt (which promptly got sweaty from my Already There Sweat) and did some machines.

I did the assisted weight machine in three different positions. The over arm pull-ups, hands rotated perpendicular pull-ups, and dips. I need to come up with better names for these exercises. I just did 1 set of 10 for each. I didn't want to overdo it since I swam farther that morning. It was the perfect amount - sore the next day, but not too bad.

I also did the ab thing where you prop yourself up in the air and lift your legs until you want to puke. Then I did some sit-ups on the incline bench, 15 reps each side of the twisty ab machine, and some planks and stretching.

Thursday after work I ran with R again. We met at Fleet Feet in Blue Ash, and this time it was his turn to fight traffic unfortunately. It was really really cold, but not raining like last week. We tip-toed through the icy and snowy spots for 3 miles. It was an easy 10:30 pace that really couldn't have been any faster since the sidewalks are still snowy/icy.

Saturday morning is the Jingle Bell run! It is going to be cold, and probably snowing. Snow will be great. Ice not so much. I hope the weather holds out!




* Bacon is not actually in any way affiliated with the indoor track (unfortunately).

No comments:

Post a Comment