Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The State of the Muscles Address


During my Thanksgiving Break Reflection Time (TBRT), I came to the conclusion that I do in fact need to do strength work. I am a confessed weakling.

Me: "Hi, my name is Steph. I'm trying to do triathlons, but I can't do a pushup."
Audience: "Hi, Ste– bwaaaaaahahahahahaahahaha!!!"


Last Saturday I lifted. I found some machines and non-machines that seemed to work the same areas as swimming muscles and I did a little bit, or what I thought was a little bit. But it turns out I am really starting at the bottom and I still am so sore. It is three days later and I tried to lift again after spinning this morning. I couldn't do much more than look at the machines though. I tried and it was no good. So I just looked at the machines a little longer, had some nice words with the assisted dip/pull-up machine ("today I'm going to set it to ALL my weight and just take a little ride, mmk?") and went home.

I'm pretty excited though. I can only get stronger if I stick with it! Maybe I'll try again Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment