Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Swimmin'

Today's swim workout was a bit longer than I have been doing, especially considering that I only swam once last week. 1700 yards.

250 yard warmup
6 x 25 pull drills. I should learn some more drills.
4 x 150 (50 build, 25 descend, 50 build, 25 descend). These were all around 3:35. I rested about :30.
4 x 25 kicks
6 x 50 sprints. These were about :57 each. I rested about :40 - :45 between each, except 3 and 4...I took a bigger break there. The last one was my fastest.
4 x 25 kicks
200 cool down - freestyle and breast stroke. Because I hate cooling down and do anything to make it more interesting.

I looked into swimming lessons. It looks like there is an Intermediate small group class that I may try which starts in January. They are only a half hour long and have about 4 people in the class. I know I must be doing a lot wrong and don't want to get in too many bad habits. Hopefully this will help. They also have private lessons, but I think I'll try the group first.

I'm about to head over to the Community Center for some fun, dry, boring indoor track fun! I have to work and I'm sure the sidewalks are treacherous still, so R and I are running tomorrow evening.

Then on Saturday is the Jingle Bell run on my birthday! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment