Friday, October 11, 2013

Running in the Sun

Thursday after work I went for a little 2.5 mile run in the sun. I was hoping for another crazy awesome run like I had Monday, where I felt like I was going so fast (and was indeed going faster than I normally do with little effort). Instead my legs hurt a bit and I had to stretch at 1.3 miles because they had tightened up so bad.

There is a 2.5 mile loop from my house that I think would be fun to use as a time trial of sorts. If I can run this short distance somewhat hard on Thursdays, it may be a way to gauge how I'm doing: if I'm getting faster, feel fatigued, etc. 

Yesterday I was certainly fatigued, and I'm not sure why. Maybe the swim the night before? I have been taking it pretty easy the past couple of weeks, so maybe I'm just settling in. Work has been busy too. The training plan for the week I posted Sunday isn't exactly what I've been doing...it's just been a rough week, but that's ok.

It's fall. I love fall, and I really hope there are many more days of this weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment